Tuesday 24 February 2015

LONDON FASHION WEEK FEB 2015

Sadly I am taking a slight break from blogging thanks to a busy uni schedule with my current project, however with such a significant few days in fashion I had to make an exception.. 

Yesterday was a very exciting day. Not only was it a day in London for the best part of the fashion calendar that is London Fashion Week, but it was also a day out with my sister for her birthday. Our time at Somerset House was spent taking in the buzzing atmosphere and absorbing street style, which lead to being photographed and speaking to interesting industry individuals. We then moved onto another adventure; afternoon tea and cocktails at Claridges hotel. Both of us opted for the gluten free menu, where there was absolutely no difference in taste or aesthetic to the usual menu, except the lack of stomach ache! The range of light and fluffy sandwiches, cakes, scones and shot glass creations were beautifully presented and delicious - although what else would you expect from only the pinnacle of British afternoon tea?

I was actually asked where my inspiration for this look originated, and when I thought about it I couldn't pinpoint a specific inspiration. A classic look is definitely what I was going for, as usual, along with a few modern twists like my incredible new heels and my jewellery. Pink was clearly a must. Lace is such a feminine material and when I bought this simple dress a few months ago I'd had a summer party in mind but it ended up working perfectly as a look for both fashion week and afternoon tea. I was told my outfit was very 50's, which must have been a subconscious decision to concoct. The heels were a bargain buy from a Shoeaholics flash sale recently, reduced from £150 to £29! I couldn't resist them, especially because the heels are 6 inches so I feel so tall, with the added bonus that they're super comfortable!

Dress - Zara 
Coat, necklace, clutch and headband - Miss Selfridge 

Scarf - New Look 

Sunglasses - Topshop 

Heels - Kurt Geiger via Shoeaholics


A little taster of our afternoon delights too! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Existence in Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig