Friday 12 June 2015

MONOCHROME SERIES: CROCHET CRAZY

Last night was eventful, as whilst shooting four different looks for my next few posts, I remembered that Missguided were holding a launch event at The Trafford Centre; my favourite haunt when at home. They are launching in Selfridges and so this was the official opening night and a chance to take a look at the collection on both the rails and Missguided staff.
There was a DJ, snacks and a Photo Booth upon arrival. No doubt what I purchased will be featured on the blog pretty soon, but here's a hint: it's a beautiful bright blue and a coord!

So this look! After getting a strangely consistent colour palette of clothing over the past few weeks (including as gifts for my 20th birthday), I decided I would post a few monochrome looks, creating my own Monochrome series. This top is so airy for the summer season and I love the different textures. I thought it would be appropriate to wear something from Missguided for the event, so these crochet shorts were easy to pair. Completely inspired by a look blogger Charlotte Fisher posted back in March for her amazing holiday in Egypt, I had to buy these shorts as soon as I saw them. They're perfect to team with crop tops of all shapes, sizes and colours because of their simple yet classic design. Obviously paired with my new Kurt Geiger heels, as all the different textures across all three items worked so well. I've always been a big fan of the pink lip, but this summer I seem to be building an even bigger collection, with so many on offer at the moment! This particular one is by Makeup Revolution, in shade 'Encore',  as I thought I'd trial their collection. I have to say so far, for £1 the pigmentation and creamy texture is fantastic!

Heels - Kurt Geiger via Shoeaholics
Lipstick - Makeup Revolution in shade 'Encore'

Getting better at finding the perfect sunny locations for great lighting! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Existence in Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig