Friday 2 October 2015

GREYSCALE

This look is a little out of my comfort zone.

As an avid fan of a skater skirt for an instantly girly look, I'm always hunting for different styles and colours. When I saw this grey scuba skirt in H&M I knew it would be a slight wildcard if I bought it, as it is so much more voluminous than I'm used to. After trying it on I found that the stiffer exaggerated shape works wonders on slimming the legs in combination with a pair of stilettos, which was no problem for me. I'm in love! The fit and shape feels extremely designer, almost reminiscent of H&M's previous collaboration with Alexander Wang, just without the designer price tag. I say stiff shape as it's not as flowy as a typical skater, but the material is incredibly soft and spongy. Pairing it with a slightly lighter toned knit adds to the designer feel and as it's only thin is ideal at this time of year. I'll be styling this skirt with cropped furs and jumpers once the cold sets in, but for now a statement look like this is ideal. Unfortunately for some reason the skirt isn't available online yet so I can't link below, but the Regent Street H&M store clearly has them in stock right now. I will link as soon as it is available.

Jumper & Skirt (similar here) - H&M
Necklace - Miss Selfridge
Heels - Steve Madden


Feeling a little diva-ish, 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Existence in Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig